Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Happy Holidays!

Here's a little update from the Christmas weekend..
  • Had 4 days off- WOOT! WOOT!
  • Baked loads of cookies-Thank you Smitten Kitchen your oatmeal raisin cookies recipe was a hit!
  • Made Cake Pops- Didn't really turn out how I wanted. This adventure will be revisited
  • Lots of gift wrapping
  • Spent lots of money- but it was all worth it
  • Hubby loved his gifts
  • I will continue to stay away from malls and major shopping areas during holidays
  • Got sick as a dog- a fever and everything
  • Went to church- pray I didn't get anyone sick
  • Saw my family- hope I didn't get anyone sick
  • Played "Stock-ing- Trade"- Too much fun will have to blurb about the details later
  •  Made an awesome lasagna
  •  I still owe a few people cookies- don't worry I haven't forgotten
  • The house looks like Christmas hit it - will have to straighten up in the next few days before the new year ;)
  • Had and all around awesome holiday I love my King Jesus and all my friends and family that perpetuate all the good tingly feelings inside!
 And the blurb of the day my gift to me..

 I got my hair colored and rodded! The color came out beautiful by the rod set didn't quite make it. I was able to pull it off Day 1 and 2...
Day 2 of the rod set
But by Day 3 of the Rod Set the rod set was through!  There were straight pieces, pretty curled piece (both from rollers and my own textures), nappy pieces, frizzy pieces, Just too much going on for it to be considered and actual style
Better View of  the different textures in the Rod set from Day 2.
 But  the main reason I think it didn't make it is because my hair was DRY! And oil alone was not bringing this doo back. It was un-salvageable, and believe me I tried, so I rinsed the random varieties of curls and textures away and sealed with a little Softee Herbal Gro Hair Oil (yup $1 grease) and put together this little diddy...
 

 I like this little style. Its an everyday style that will last for a few days, but it can be dressed up with a pair of big earrings, flower accessory, and hot lip gloss.It looks really good with long hair too if you let the braid hang over the shoulder.

I'm really digging this fresh color so I'm anxious to try some new styles out! We'll see what I come up with.. But I'm open to suggestions!
 Later Blurbettes!


No comments:

Post a Comment