Monday, December 12, 2011

Rough Day


Today was a particularly rough day for me. I came back from a nice 3 day mini vaca, visiting my husbands grandmother, to go to work and have a dreaded case of the Mondays. I was feeling overwhelmed with projects and work in general, I had a funeral to attend, and a Doctors appointment at the end of the day. So all in all I needed Jesus to get through this day.
 Work issues aside, I was extra emotional during this funeral. I mean most people are and although this person was a friend of the family we were not that close. However that did not stop the tears (and snot, Have Mercy, lol) from rolling down my face. I personally hate funerals. Even if it isn't some one you were close to it forces you to deal with the fact that one day your loved ones will be gone........ and you will have to be the one choosing caskets, flowers, hymns, and their final resting place. All as you  mourn the loss of said loved one. Even more daunting is that as Christians we are supposed to be accepting of this loss because if this person has lived their life as a Christian should their life goes back to God because it is His to begin with  or as the pastor put it today " She was ours on loan from God". But as I listened to the sermon  I couldn't help to think how I didn't want to give any of my people back, even though I know they aren't mine.  And how life is SOOOOO short. Once you've accomplished the basics in life (job, home, love, and family) your life is half over. So its much better to do what you enjoy and embrace the people God has loaned to you while you have them. Rather than complain and be unappreciative.

 This also made me view my dreaded doctors appointment differently. I usually brace myself for defeat when going to see the endocrinologist. However even though my A1c is up from 7% to 8% and I've gained half the weight back I loss, I choose to take action rather than just wallow over  and let diabetes kick me in my other side. So I'm starting up my Zumba in the A.M.,  looking for a gym, and trying a new schedule with my meds.

 Hopefully it all works out! Next post will be a little lighter.. any how Later blurbettes!

No comments:

Post a Comment